Sunday, October 25, 2009

No more green leaves!

Fall has arrived! That snow a few days back tried to trick us all, but thankfully, autumn is nowhere near ending. Overnight, the leaves on the trees seemed to have all changed colors, reminding me why I love New England. I've never lived anywhere else in my life, but how can you not love this time of year?

I got up this morning and went to have breakfast with Corey at his apartment in Beacon Hill, where I made pancakes all by myself for a second time. I know I'm no Julia Child, but I'll take my culinary victories where I can. I'm going to have a kitchen when I go to Dublin, so I've got to start somewhere otherwise I'll wither away due to lack of food, or gain 30 pounds from eating all things packaged.

After breakfast, we walked to Starbucks for some much needed caffeine and then we walked through the Public Garden where the sunshine and turning leaves were gorgeous! I sincerely regret not having my camera on me. Otherwise, I'd include pictures of the swarm of toddlers around the "Make Way for Ducklings" bronze duck statues. So cute! I'd like to challenge anyone who is feeling grumpy to go see the kids and ducks and not be cheered up, even a little.

Being the good boyfriend that he is, Corey walked me to the T so I could head back to my dorm and do the annoying Sunday chores of laundry, cleaning and immersing myself in homework. Blech. So instead of spending the day outside, I'll be hanging out with dryer sheets, liquid detergent and Socrates.

Three cheers for higher education.

No comments:

Post a Comment