Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Newsprint

Part of my news writing and reporting class having a pretty extensive knowledge of current events. While I was up to date on issues prior to the class, I've taken to reading the entire Boston Globe every day in order to really stay on top of the news. 

It may not come as a shock to hear this from a journalism student, but I'm enjoying spending my lunches buried behind a newspaper. There's something cozy about drinking tea and holding the paper in my hands that obviously can't be attained through reading the news on the Internet. Since I often read about stories in the Globe the day after I've read them online, I understand the drawbacks to relying on print. Regardless, I love reading the paper.

But my favorite part? I eagerly read each article, always with the daily crossword puzzle in the back of my mind. Some days are better than others, but I've been progressing quite well. Today, I only had 15 blank letters and I didn't even cheat! (This isn't Candyland.) 



I'm probably too excited about this. I'm also more than probably sleep deprived, so I think passing judgement upon me is unfair. 

Now if you'll excuse me, I didn't get around to starting yesterday's puzzle yet. I think I'll climb under the covers, do my crossword, watch the Food Network and continue to be an 80-year-old woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment