Thursday, October 1, 2009

Friends trump sleep every time

So way back in first grade when I had a bob and feathered bangs, I met Laura. My first memory of her was how I envied her ability to swing on the monkey bars during recess on school picture day because she was wearing pants. I had a whole blue dress with white tights and patent leather kicks ensemble going on and spent the recess sitting pretty. Anyways, that's when I met her. In Mrs. Dombrowski's first grade class. 

As birthday parties usually went at the age of six, the whole class would be invited. I'm going to take a stab that this is how we became friends, but it could have been from Girl Scouts, too. Regardless, having play dates with Laura led me to meet her twin sister, Christine. It's safe to say that since first grade, some 14 years later, we're going strong. I consider these girls to be the sisters I never had. Don't get me wrong, I love my brother, but he's just not nearly as talented in the hair and makeup departments as I need him to be.

Here are the lovely ladies, there's Laura on the left, Christine on the right. And, certainly you knew this already, but that's a microphone, not a bottle of soap. Duh.


So, this past weekend, the girls turned 20 and I made the trip down from Boston, stopping at home for a night, before heading down to URI to celebrate with them. Laura has an adorable house that overlooks the water and has a classic, picturesque view of a lighthouse. Plus, it's rocking some pretty extensive beach decor. It couldn't be more Narragansett if it tried. 

I'm going to take a stab and say that the three of us hanging out before a few of their friends came over was the most fun. The extent to which we classify as goofballs is far too embarrassing to share with the general public. Case in point, we spent a few hours trying to learn BeyoncĂ©'s Single Ladies dance, and documented the attempts. 

Here we are all choosing a different pose and getting all Sasha Fierce on them. 


Christine also tried to teach me the Thriller dance, to no avail. I basically just did this move throughout the entire song. Hey, it works, trust me. 



So while I failed to sleep enough this weekend, going home was definitely worth the heavy eyelids. Good friends are hard to come by, so if it means drinking a little extra caffeine this week to catch up, I'm all for it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment