Saturday, October 10, 2009

The day Eileen and I were tourists

In terms of the weather, this past Friday was crappy. It was that drizzly rain that makes it awkward to carry an umbrella, but still makes your hair frizz. Despite what you may think about our abilities to make smart decisions, Eileen and I decided that Friday would be perfect for spending the day walking around Boston. Certainly the rain wasn't ideal, but Eileen had three (!!) exams this week so for the sake of her sanity, we had to get off campus and away from the books.

While I initially made fun of her for making me stand in front of the statue of Samuel Adams, acting like tourists and taking tons of pictures ended up being really fun. 



We walked to the North End to get some treats from Mike's Pastry. I usually get the chocolate covered strawberries because I'm a creature of habit and they are beyond delectable, but Eileen talked me into trying a double chocolate cannoli, and I am forever indebted to her for doing so. It was my first cannoli experience if you exclude the sad excuses for desserts in the dining hall, which thankfully are not even close to representing the delicious taste of the real thing. 

I think the picture speaks for itself.


We went to the waterfront, where it was so windy! Of course, Eileen and her blue umbrella dealt with it like professionals. 



The cloud cover provided for such a bright background for the pictures, so I'm quite proud of some of the shots I was able to get.




It was such a fun afternoon, one we need to have more often. Next time, though, I'm going to need some sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment