Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The best part of today...

...was that I went for a run and didn't pass out! My sprained ankle has healed and I had the whole breathing thing down pat. After class I ran through this park which is right outside my building. I finished at about 4:27 p.m., came inside, stretched, ate hummus and tomato and basil crackers, and watched a kids' game show in Gaelic.

One of my suitemates, who had also gone for a run through the park, came back a little while later after he was locked in the park at 4:30 p.m. Apparently the park staff is eager to shut the gates, so good thing he was adept at fence jumping. And it's a really good thing I got out before then otherwise I'd still be there. Even four foot high chain link fences at track meets give me issues.

Other than that, it was a pretty standard class day. It's weird having the same classes on consecutive days because at BU, I would have a certain class every other day. So getting homework and having to have it read for the next day brings me back to the annoyance of high school. I've got some history to read for tomorrow, but I'm excited to read it since I had little knowledge of Irish history before coming here. Turns out the British just did not play well with others and all the Irish did for the most part is drum up groups of 100 drunk guys to storm gigantic English castles. Turns out Guiness isn't quite the drink of champions.

No comments:

Post a Comment