Monday, April 19, 2010

Family dinner

Today was more or less a normal day for me-I woke up, went to work, came home, studied....the usual. Mom and Dad were out exploring the city on their own for the day. But the night was far from ordinary.

Joe, Taylor, Tara, Molly, Melissa, Colleen and I headed into the city to meet the parents at Shebeen Chic, a little restaurant pub near Dublin Castle. I have been walking by it for weeks so I was so excited to finally eat a meal there. It had a quirky atmosphere with mirrors hanging all around and pictures hanging sideways and upside down, but it also had some traditional music (albeit quite quiet music, but it was still there).

We had such a nice night chatting that we even lost track of time and before we knew it, it was past 11 and we were rushing out so that we could catch the last bus home.

It was so nice to see my parents, once again. But it was even nicer to be able to have them meet a few of my friends, whom they have been hearing so much about for the past few months. Mom was already up to date on Colleen and Molly because she reads their blogs religiously.

And the food was delicious to boot. Beef and Guinness stew with mashed potatoes and a pint. There's not much better than that.

1 comment: