Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year, Fresh Start

Happy 2011!

It's been months since I last blogged, so I decided the start of the new year was as appropriate a time as ever to get back into writing. So why not update the blog design a bit? After returning from Ireland, I felt that nothing was worth writing about, no story worth telling. I still miss my semester abroad as much as the day I left, but it's time to get back to the present. It's time to start celebrating the little gifts of everyday life, which was the purpose of this blog from the beginning.

So here's to a new year! With graduation a mere five (!!!) months away, job hunting and perhaps a trip back to Europe on the horizon, I have a lot to look forward to. That being said, I've resolved to be healthier. That means more regular workouts, more nutrient-rich meals and a more balanced lifestyle. I've subscribed to Women's Health magazine and updated my bookmarks toolbar to include more health and fitness blogs. Plus, all of my Christmas candy is gone at this point, so I might as well start eating more veggies.

Well, that is, after my mouth heals. See, the most recent little gift I've received is having my wisdom teeth out. Ok, well maybe that's not exactly a gift (I look like Mrs. Potato Head), but I am enjoying the relaxing couch time and seemingly endless marathon of Law & Order: SVU episodes. But all this lounging around has me itching to get started on my resolutions, and even get back to Boston. I've got a full schedule of journalism classes, as well as an internship at STUFF magazine! I'm so excited to get started with everything!

Now if I could just get over this pesky swelling...

No comments:

Post a Comment